Wonders of VIRGIN Coconut Oil.
" Virgin COCONUT OIL has 'resurrected' in the last decades to bounce back as the HEALTHIEST cooking oil! How come?
It embodies a constellation of magnificent MEDIUM - RANGE and SHORT - RANGE triglycerides that INCREASE THE RATE OF METABOLISM in the body(among other things), hereby reducing body weight , promoting good (unoxidized)cholesterols, while also reducing blood sugar and even blood pressure...". " ...This wonderful oil is now known by all to be ANTIBACTERIAL, ANTIFUNGAL, ANTIVIRAL, ANTIINFLAMMATORY ... It is also one of the few cooking oils that DO NOT FORM TRANS FATS, since it contains virtually no unsaturated fats at all! . It is, therefore by all considerations, the SAFEST OIL when it comes to frying or baking... "
"By whose authority" do we say these?
Now, hear it from the Horses' Mouths:
* Dr Mary Newport, MD, director of the neonatology unit at Spring Hill Regional Hospital in Florida:…
Her Words: ” . ...coconut oil naturally contains 66 percent medium chain triglycerides, which are a primary source of ketones. Your brain is able to run on more than one type of energy supply, namely ketones. Ketone bodies may even be able to restore and renew neurones and nerve function in your brain after damage has set in…”. (She should know: her husband suffered with Alzheimer’s for five years before she discovered coconut oil. With the aid of coconut oil, he made a remarkable comeback)
* DR Chris Kresser, : ”Medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) are another type of saturated fat. They’re found in coconut and in mother’s milk, and they have unusual properties. They’re metabolized differently from long-chain saturated fats; they don’t require bile acids for digestion and they pass directly to the liver via the portal vein. This makes MCTs a great source of easily digestible energy. They’re so easy to digest, in fact, that they’re used in the liquid hospital formulas fed to patients that have had sections of their intestine removed and aren’t able to digest solid food. In addition to being a good energy source, MCTs have therapeutic properties. They’re high in lauric acid, a fat found in mother’s milk that has anti-bacterial, anti-viral and antioxidant properties..."
* ON CANDIDA /FUNGAL BENEFITS:
Dr. Christine Tomlinson, MD, director of the National Candida Society, in the UK ".. believes in the antibacterial properties of coconut oil, and advises candida sufferers (those with a yeast overgrowth) to include it in their diet.."
* On RAPID DIGESTION & METABOLISM: Dr Mary Enig,PhD(1930 - 2013): “When MCTs are consumed, they digest very rapidly and begin breaking down immediately. When they pass from the stomach into the small intestine, they are already completely separated into individual fatty acids (medium chain fatty acids) and, therefore, do not need pancreatic digestive enzymes or bile for digestion, thus relieving stress on the digestive system. Since they are already in the form of fatty acids when they enter the small intestine they are immediately absorbed into the portal vein and sent directly to the liver. In the liver they are metabolized into energy...."
* On HEPATITIS, JAUNDICE, MALABSORPTION:
Dr Enig continues,: ...The difference in the way MCTs are digested is very important because it provides a means to treat a number of medical conditions. Extensive research and clinical work in the 1960s and 1970s led to the use of MCTs for the treatment of a variety of malabsorption syndromes including obstructive jaundice, cystic fibrosis, tropical sprue, a-beta-lipoprotenaemia, intestinal lymphangiectasia, pancreatic insufficiency, and to speed recovery after intestinal surgery. ..."
* On IMMUNE-BOOSTING, ANTI-CANCER , ANTIMICROBIAL EFFECTS:
. DR BRUCE FIFE: “The use of Virgin coconut oil has grown tremendously over the past few years. It is regarded as a “functional food,” meaning that it provides health benefits beyond its nutritional content. Virgin Coconut oil possesses anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-parasitical properties. It stimulates the immune system, helps protect against cancer and relieves many of the symptoms associated with colitis, diabetes, arthritis, and other conditions. Because of this it has become popular as a dietary supplement...."
* On 3-PRONGED MODE OF ACTION:
. Dr Hans Kaunitz, MD, professor of pathology at Columbia University Medical School and a long time MCT researcher. His Words: Some of the nutritional and therapeutic benefits of Virgin coconut oil come from the saturated fats in the oil, such as -
I. its resistance to oxidation,
ii. long shelf life, and
iii. superior cooking properties.
..Some come from MCTs such as the antimicrobial effects and its unique mode of digestion and nutrient delivery. ....However, most of its medicinal benefits undoubtedly come from the ketones produced from the MCTs. The protective effects on the heart, brain, kidneys, colon, pancreas, and other organs, its metabolic boosting and energizing effects, and its anti-cancer, anti-diabetes, anti-Alzheimer’s and other effects come principally from ketones..."
* Still on its ANTIMICROBIAL BENEFITS
. Prof.Jon J. Kabara, PhD, a professor of pharmacology at Michigan State University, discovered that MCTs possess potent antimicrobial properties. In his search for a safe means to protect foods from fungal and bacterial contamination he found that MCTs fit the bill. Over the years he and other researchers found that MCTs can kill a wide variety of disease-causing bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites. MCTs were not only useful in preserving foods, but could be used topically and internally as antimicrobial agents to prevent and fight off infectious disease..."
* On HIV/AIDS:
Prof. Kabara continues... Many common disease-causing microbes as well as potentially deadly ones like HIV and drug-resistant bacteria are vulnerable to MCTs. Because Virgin coconut oil is composed predominately MCTs, it possesses the same antimicrobial power, as evidenced in many clinical and laboratory studies..."
* Even on BRAIN HEALTH , EPILEPSY, STROKE, PARKINSON’S, ALZHEIMER'S, Etc.:
"...In the 1970s it was discovered that while the liver burns some MCTs immediately to produce energy, others are converted into ketones. Ketones are a super potent form of energy that are used specifically by the brain, but can be used by all the tissues in the body except the liver.
Ketones not only provide a high quality source of energy for the brain but trigger the activation of special proteins that function in brain cell maintenance, repair, and growth, thus providing a therapeutic effect on the brain. Since the 1970s MCTs have been used in ketogenic diets to treat epilepsy. Today modified ketogenic diets, using MCTs, are the standard dietary treatment for drug-resistant epilepsy.
Besides epilepsy, ketones have been successfully used to treat a number of other neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, ALS, stroke, narcolepsy, brain trauma, and brain cancer. The consumption of coconut oil can increase blood ketone levels to therapeutic levels that can successfully treat all of these conditions. Many patients with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia are currently being treated with coconut oil and are achieving far better results than the medications currently approved for these conditions. Studies show that MCTs can effectively mitigate the effects of Alzheimer’s. .."
* On DIABETES: Coconut oil is known to aid those with diabetes by balancing blood sugar levels. MCTs improve insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity, thus reversing the underlying cause of diabetes...
* And, On CANCERS: Coconut oil has very potent anti-cancer properties. When cancer is chemically induced in lab animals the addition of coconut oil into their diets can completely negate the carcinogenic effects of the chemicals...
. * On HEPATITIS: Coconut oil can prevent and even reverses liver disease caused by a variety of toxic agents such as alcohol, bacteria, drugs, and chemicals. It does the same for other organs in the body such as the intestines, colon, kidneys, and pancreas...."
* On CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH:
Dr Bruce Fife: Even heart health is improved with the use of coconut oil. While much criticism has been cast on coconut oil because of its saturated fat content, the evidence supports its heart friendly nature. MCTs are readily used by the heart as fuel. In fact, it uses MCTs in preference to glucose or polyunsaturated fatty acids as a source of energy. Ketones, as well, which are produced from MCTs act as a superfuel for the heart, increasing oxygen delivery by 39 percent and heart function by 28 percent. In fact, researchers at University François Rabelais in France are now recommending the use of MCTs for the treatment of heart diseases.
They have shown that the diseased heart is energy deficient and by improving oxygen and fuel delivery, heart function and survival is dramatically improved. .."
* On ANTIMICROBIAL, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY,ANTIPYRETIC, ANALGESIC PREPERTIES: Coconut oil has the potential to aid in the protection and treatment of a number of health problems due to its documented antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antiulcerogenic, antimutagenic, analgesic, and antipyretic activities..."
Actual Uses of Virgin Coconut Oil.
i..Virgin Coconut Oil in Wound/Burns Treatment. Scientists have concluded that the stability of medium-chain saturated fatty acids of coconut oil validates the use of the oil to preserve botanical medicine and in the treatment of wounds and burns.
ii. Virgin Coconut Oil for Treatment of Poisoning By inhibiting the absorption of ingested poisons, coconut oil is becoming a new tool in hospital emergency rooms for the treatment of domestic accidental and deliberate poisonings. Of particular interest is poisoning from aluminium phosphate, a chemical used in pest control in grain storage facilities (as in beans storage). This chemical produces phosphine gas, a poison that damages mitochondria, the organelle that generate energy. Coconut oil has proven its value in the treatment of this kind of poisoning.
iii.. Cooking with Virgin Coconut Oil. Virgin cocoa nut oil is a healthful and delicious butter substitute. It is very shelf-stable because it does not turn rancid. It is , hence, superior to hydrogenated vegetable shortenings laden with trans fats. It works well in frying and sautéing because it does not burn easily. Coconut oil is an excellent baking ingredient that is very useful as a vegetable shortening for cakes, pie crusts, biscuits, etc. It even serves as a tasty bread spread.
iv. Virgin Coconut Oil in Traditional Cosmetic Secret/ Skin Diseases. Indigenous peoples of Polynesia and south-east Asia have used cocoa nut oil as a hair conditioner and skin softener for ages. It works well as a moisturiser for both skin and hair. Many massage therapists use it as massage oil because of its healing and non-staining properties. Furthermore, cocoa nut oil helps to reduce the pain of sun-burned skin. In fact, lauric acid, one of the medium-chain fatty acids, helps to heal rashes and acne.
v. Use as Intravenous Fluids/In Peptic Ulcers.. Medium-chain triglycerides are widely used in hospitals and clinics as an energy source for intravenous nutrition in individuals requiring supplemental nutrition that by-passes digestion in the intestines.
Last Line. Are SATURATED FATS(read Tropical oils, like Cocoa nut, Palm oil,) Safe/Healthy? Absolutely!!!
Hear from these two(2) authorities:
I. "A meta-analysis of properly performed previous studies on heart health and saturated fats concluded there was NO ASSOCIATION between cardiac issues and saturated fats. This was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition (AJCN) on January 13th, 2010..."
ii."... Although IT IS COMMONLY BELIEVED that saturated fats and dietary cholesterol clog arteries and cause heart disease, such ideas have been SHOWN TO BE FALSE by such scientists as Linus Pauling, PhD, D Sc; Russell Smith,MD, PhD; George Mann,MD, PhD; John Yudkin,MB,BS, PhD; Abram Hoffer, MD, PhD;Mary Enig,PhD; Uffe Ravnskov,MD, PhD, and other prominent medical researchers. On the contrary, studies have shown that arterial plaque is PRIMARILY COMPOSED OF UNSATURATED FATS,
particularly polyunsaturated ones, and not the saturated fat of animals, palm or coconut ..". Dr Stephen Byrnes, PhD, NRC.
Also, google " sikamoretree saturated fats do not clog arteries..." and "sikamoretree who poisoned our saturated fats...?"
Are you interested in Real Cold - Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil?
All Enquires to Dr Ignatius Onah, @ 07065744004(WhatsApp)