A Tribute To Sir Godwin Chukwuma Nwodo(1954--2018) --Another Stroke Statistic!
Today, Friday, May 4,2018.
By Dr(Pastor) IGNATIUS OZOEMENA ONAH.
*. Can my enemy really "throw " Stroke at me ?
* Why is stroke so Rampant in Iheaka today?
* What are the Common symptoms of Stroke?
* What really causes Strokes?
* Are there "Rich man's & Poor man's" Strokes?
* Why is Stroke Prevention so vitally important?
* Why is diet so vital in stroke prevention, and even cure?
* What must you do to enjoy a permanent stroke -free life? What to Take, What to Avoid.
* Epilogue; My Testimony: What I eat/What I avoid everyday.
Note: For details of this work, visit my website: sikamoretree.com.ng.
WHAT IS STROKE?
".A stroke happens when blood flow to a part of our brain is cut off. Without the oxygen in blood, brain cells start dying within minutes..
TYPES OF STROKE.
Strokes fall into two general categories: ischaemic strokes and hemorrhagic stroke.
."..Ischemic Stroke. In 8 out of 10 strokes, a blood vessel that takes blood to the brain or the neck is blocked. This blockage cuts off the circulation of blood and oxygen to the brain...
".. It's less common(estimated to account for only between 10 and 15 percent of all cases) than ischemic stroke but can be more serious. Here, a blood vessel in your brain balloons up and bursts, or a weakened one leaks out.. The blood then builds up, compressing brain tissue, causing the damage associated with a stroke.."
RICH MAN'S & POOR MAN'S STROKE?
Is there a rich man & a poor man's stroke?
There could be! How?
"Civilization diseases" like Diabetes, Obesity, Hypertension, etc, said be "risk factors" for ischaemic stroke are also known as "diseases of affluence", caused by overconsumption? On the other hand, Hemorrhagic stroke is said to be caused when a weakened artery bursts. It is known that malnutrition could cause this weakness. So, this looks like the case of the rich "purchassing Ischaemic stroke via overindulgence, while the Poor have the Haemorragic variety unleashed on them because their hands -- and mouths! -- " are tied".
REAL CAUSES OF STROKE.
* DIET: "Your diet plays a crucial role in reducing your risk for a stroke. According to researchers, DIET is the main factor.
Main culprits here are Sugar & processed Carbohydrates.
* Alcohol Abuse:
* Hard Drug Use: The use of cocaine, heroin, and amphetamines increases the risk for stroke.
* Vitamin D Deficiency.
* Using Artificial Sweeteners.., Smoking.
* Medications. "
* Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and birth control pills. ..(see" sikamoretree menopause")
* Use of statin drugs. All Statin drugs..(see "sikamoretree cholesterol drugs")
Note: Surprised that Hypertension, Diabetes, Overweight, etc are not mentioned as Causes(even risk factors) for stroke? Behold the following:
WRONG UNDERSTANDING OF CAUSES & TREATMENT OF STROKE:
The Conventional Medicine Approach.
The American Stroke Association recommends that we Minimize our "risk of stroke .." by fighting the following "diseases" which have for decades been(wrongly?) fingered as RISK FACTORS for stroke.:
* High blood pressure.
* Heart disease.
* Obesity, & Overeight
* Atrial Fibrillation:
* High Cholesterol. :
My Remarks: These other Degenerative "diseases", like Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol " disease", water retention, obesity, heart palpitations and fibrillations, etc are NOT RISK FACTORS for stroke. They are mere COHABITANTS with stroke, as we will see below!
The fact that this approach is wrongheaded is borne out by the fact even the BEST MANAGED patients for any of them still either succumbed to that very "disease", or-- if he lives long enough -- always managed to cultivate stroke or many of the cohabiting disorders.
STROKE --THROWING FALLACY.
Q. Is there any difference between " Iherka stroke" and strokes in other lands? Nothing!!
Q. If stroke is " manufactured" here in Iherka, how come nobody "threw" it at anybody 30, 40, even 50 years ago?
Come to think of it, why is nobody "throwing" NTOR N'ERKPRHI, NNHH, & IPPAY(Respiratory disorders), or even ERHOR ORR(Digestive disorders!) these days in Iherka?
The sole answer: these disorders have lost their KILLING PUNCH worldwide. Today, stroke and her acolytes like Diabetes, Hypertension, Obesity,etc, are on a worldwide killing rampage.
Look at America!!
STROKE HAVOC IN AMERICA!
According to the National Stroke Association, .."stroke is the number one cause of long-term disability and the fourth leading cause of death in the United States. ..Nearly 800,000 people in the United States each year have a stroke, resulting in 160,000 deaths from stroke-related causes...every 40 seconds someone in the United States has a stroke, and every four minutes, someone dies of a stroke. Of the nearly 800,000 people that have a stroke, 610,000 experience a stroke for the first time..."
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF STROKE
* SUDDEN trouble walking (dizziness, loss of balance, etc.) * SUDDEN confusion. * SUDDEN numbness or weakness (especially on one side of your body only). * SUDDEN trouble seeing.
* SUDDEN severe headache...
SUDDEN trouble speaking; SUDDEN confusion or trouble understanding simple statements;
SUDDEN problems with walking or balance.
A SUDDEN severe headache that is different from past headaches, etc..."
WHY ORTHODOX DRUGS FAIL TO CURE STROKE.
"One of the major shortcomings of conventional medicine is that it sees the body simply as a sum of separate parts. This is reflected by the fact that we have different doctors for each of these parts—cardiologists for the heart, gastroenterologists for the GI system, pulmonologists for the lungs, etc.—and they rarely work together....
Stroke and Heart disease are still the #1 killer in the United States, despite the advent of statin drugs , and other drugs, and decades of public health efforts. Why? One reason is that we’re not addressing the underlying causes of these diseases; we’re just SUPPRESSING SYMPTOMS with drugs..." And, in my own opinion, failing woefully!
WHY ONLY DIET AND NATURAL PRODUCTS CAN CURE/PREVENT STROKES.
Why? Because stroke is not an independent disease, or even a disorder!. It is a mere part of a bouquet of SYMPTOMS which are provoked by the "Metabolic Syndrome", also designated as Insulin Syndrome, or Syndrome X! What?
. Hear this, : .."Just One DISEASE!..The major diseases of Western Civilization-obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, elevated blood fats(a.k.a. stroke) & diabetes- have a common bond. In truth, these “diseases” that afflict, disable,& kill so many people in America today are’nt diseases at all; they are SYMPTOMS of a more basic, single disorder called HYPERINSULINEMIA(excess insulin)caused by Insulin Resistance....
TREATMENT for HYPERINSULINEMIA.:
MUST BE HANDLED TOGETHER. "Standard medical therapy treats only the individual symptoms of excess insulin, namely, elevated cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, blood pressure, may be, also, water retention, and obesity, instead of treating hyperinsulinemia itself. Hence, it employs a “Cocktail” of drugs that must include Diuretics, Anti-hypertensive, Anti cholesterol and Anti-inflammatory drugs,etc.. Others that must also be deployed are Anti obesity drugs, Oral Anti diabetic Drugs, and, much later, solely Insulin, during the devastating terminal stages of the syndrome. Most of them, notably diuretics, beta blockers, and all cholesterol-lowering drugs.... raise the insulin levels and worsen the underlining problem of Insulin resistance.. .
In fact, treating one disease at a time will, at best, only hold them at bay; at worst, it will actually contribute to the formation of the other diseases. In short, by attacking the individual diseases, we are at best, playing a delaying game; only by focusing all energy and treatments on insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia can we hope to hit the snake on the head”. .
” -– Dr Michael Eades, MD & Dr. Mary EADES,MD, in “The Deadly Diseases of Civilisation”.
HOW HYPERINSULINEMIA PRODUCES STROKE.
" ...Insulin plays several key roles in causing the formation of HARD PLAQUES that block the arterial blood vessels, and obstructs blood flow through them. It does this in several ways: (i) ....increases the liver’s production of LDL cholesterol. (ii) ...increases the THICKNESS and RIGIDITY of arterial walls. (iii) Favours the laying down , or deposition, of cholesterol beneath the arterial lining where it can harden and create BLOCKAGE”
It does many of these by encouraging INFLAMMATION of the arterial wall.
OTHER INFLAMMATION PROMOTERS OF STROKE.
These include Omega 6 Oils, Trans fats, High Fructose Corn Syrup(HFCS), Artificial sweeteners, MSG, Nicotine(Smoking), etc.
All these create inflammation in arteries.
COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT,/PREVENTION OF STROKE.
Note: In practice, the central object of confrontation are Hyperinsulinemia and Inflammation! The. Most refreshing aspect of this scheme is that all the "risk factors" are handled together,along with the stroke event. And, How is it done?
This regime revolves around DIET, use of Natural products, and Exercise. These reduce the body’s NEED FOR INSULIN(Lowers Insulin level), and also fights inflammation.
DIET AS THE MAIN TREATMENT& PREVENTION OF STROKE.
"..Up to 80 percent of strokes are preventable.
Your diet plays a crucial role in reducing your risk for a stroke and other cardiovascular disorders..."
FOODS TO AVOID.
* SUGAR & PROCESSED CARBOHYDRATES.
( see "sikamoretree bad carbohydrates")
* JUNK FOOD: Avoid= Avoid all junk food, including sodas, juices, and diet drinks, which impact sugar and lipid metabolism. Liquid sugar calories are the biggest contributors to obesity and diabetes , stroke, and heart disease..."(see " sikamoretree poisonous carbohydrates")
* TRANS FATS/HYDROGENATED FATS. Eliminate all hydrogenated fat, which is found in margarine, shortening, and processed oils, as well as many baked goods and processed foods...see "sikamoretree poisonous cooking oils")
.* ALCHOHOLS: alcohol can increase triglycerides and fat in the liver and create blood sugar imbalances.(see "sikamoretree poisonous carbohydrates")
* VEGETABLE OILS: "..Don’t eat industrial vegetable oils.Industrial vegetable oils like corn, soy, cottonseed, sunflower, and safflower are high in omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-6 PUFA). They also produce trans fats which creates inflammation.(see " sikamoretree cooking oils")
* PROCESSED/DRY MEAT: Avoid or limit Smoked and Processed Meats.( see "sikamoretree poisonous proteins", " sikamoretree processed meat")
* DIET/ZERO CALORIES DRINKS: (see " sikamoretree low sugar poisons")
* BIRTH CONTROL PILLS:Avoid Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and Birth Control pills. (see "sikamoretree menopause wrong treatment")
FOODS & DRINKS TO TAKE.
Emphasis here is Very -- low Carbohydrate, High fat, and Adequate protein. Where are they?
* CHOLESTEROL & SATURATED FATS ARE SAFE!(see " sikamoretree who poisoned our saturated fats?")
Eat traditional, saturated fats like fatty meat, full fat milk, & eggs...Also, use healthy oils, such as coconut oil, palm oil, olive (especially extra virgin olive oil( see "sikamoretree saturated fats do not block arteries. ", " wonders of coconut oil", "sikamoretree golden Fulani milk")
* PASTURE -- RAISED "RED MEAT from grass-fed animals are not harmful at all.,(see " sikamoretree does cholesterol clog arteries?, " sikamoretree red meat better than white meat')
* VEGETABLES(Not Fruits!) All greens, Garden egg, Carrots, Cucumber, Cabbage,etc(see "sikamoretree fruits the good, bad & poisonous", " sikamoretree vegetables all correct!")
* EGGS: Egg are another of nature’s superfoods. (see "sikamoretree good proteins"," "sikamoretree pasture raised eggs")
* SUNSHINE : Get adequate Vitamin D from Sunshine! ...To get your Vitamin D levels into the healthy range of 50-70 ng/ml, APPROPRIATE SUN EXPOSURE is your best bet"
* HIGH- FIBER LEGUMES: Eat= high-fiber foods, ideally at least 50 grams per day. Beans,, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and fruit all contain beneficial fibers. But, beware of their carb content.
Note: See "sikamoretree who poisoned our cholesterol?", " sikamoretree cholesterol is not harmful", "sikamoretree red meat is safe for all", and a!so, , " bad cooking oils", etc.
WRONG DIET FOR STROKE: The MAINSTREAM Diet in Stroke.
A summary of American Heart Association Stroke Diet.
Emphasis: Low-fat, lean protein, high "complex" carbohydrate, Vegetable oil regime.
* More vegetables and fruits..."Vegetables and fruits are good sources of vitamins and minerals and dietary fiber. ...they contain no saturated fats and cholesterol"
My Remarks: Vegetables, yes, but not fruits; most fruits contain lots of carbohydrates., while most nuts and seeds pack Lots of the toxic, pro -inflammatory Omega 6 fatty acids.
* More whole grains.." Whole grains are good sources of fiber and other nutrients that play a role in regulating blood pressure and heart health..."
My Remarks: Wrong!! Hardly any difference in actual carbohydrate content of whole grains and the processed variety. Each favours insulin overshoot.(See "sikamoretree bad carbohydrates")
* . Limit unhealthy fats
"Limiting how much saturated and trans fats you eat is an important step to reduce your blood cholesterol and lower your risk of stroke..
A high blood cholesterol level can lead to a buildup of plaques in your arteries, called atherosclerosis, which can increase your risk of heart attack and stroke.."
My Remarks: Agreed that trans fats are toxic, but cholesterol & saturated fats have since been exonerated as primary culprits in the pathogenesis of stroke and cardiovascular disorders.(See "sikamoretree cholesterol is not harmful at all" or/and "sikamoretree people with high cholesterol live longer", & also saturated fats are not harmful at all") Also, see " sikamoretree poisonous cooking oils trans fats")
* . "Choose low-fat protein sources.: Lean meat, poultry and fish, low-fat dairy products, and eggs are some of your best sources of protein. But be careful to choose lower fat options, such as skim milk rather than whole milk and skinless chicken breasts rather than fried chicken patties..."
My Remarks: Lean cut is just to avoid the "bad" oils. But, no more need to circumvent saturated fats and cholesterol in meat, in view of the clean bill of health now accorded saturated fats and cholesterol.(see "sikamoretree red meat is safe", " sikamoretree red meat is good for the elderly")
* Plant Proteins(Legumes) — beans, peas and lentils — also are good sources of protein and contain less fat and no cholesterol, making them good substitutes for meat.
Substituting plant protein for animal protein — for example, a soy or bean burger for a hamburger — will reduce your fat and cholesterol intake and increase your fiber intake.
My Remarks: Now that the case against cholesterol and saturated fats have been resolved in their favour, animal products are better, richer, and safer sources of proteins.(see " sikamoretree plant proteins" , and, "sikamoretree best protein sources", & also "sikamoretree dangers of soy products")
* . Reduce the sodium in your food
Eating a lot of sodium can contribute to high blood pressure, a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. ,,"
My Remarks: Water retention(salt retention) is a constant component of the Insulin Syndrome, not excessive salt intake! Hence, discouraging hypertension via reduced salt-intake, does not avert stroke in the least!; both of them are co - travellers produced by inflammation and insulin resistance. (see " sikamoretree hypertension is not a disease")
NATURAL DRUG TREATMENT FOR STROKE & CO.
Natural Products do better than Orthodox ones in the handling of HYPERINSULINEMIA , and other sundry sources of inflammation.
How do they do that?
These GOOD Nutrients are required for the proper metabolism of sugar, to counter inflammation, and to neutralize free radicals.
They include: Chromium, magnesium, vanadium, and vitamin E which can be helpful in the management of insulin resistance syndrome. Real Herbs here include Alpha Lipoic Acid, Bitter Melon, Chromium, .Cinnamon, Sage, Tumeric, Parsley, Basil, Rosemary, Coriander, Fenugreek, Gymnema sylvestre. Magnesium. MORINGA, Novella Sativa, Resveratrol .Vitamin D, B Complex, Co enzyme Q 10, Selenium; L-Glutamine, etc"
An experienced Natueopathic Doctor is needed to dispense both the diet and these natural products.
Exercise. Be active & go outside.
"...Physical inactivity is likely a major causative factor in the explosive rise of stroke and coronary heart disease in the 20th century. So, keep moving. . Everyday!!
Epilogue. My Testimony:
WHAT I EAT/WHAT I AVOID EVERYDAY THAT HAS HELPED ME TO DEFEAT STROKE & CO(Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Attack, Grey Hair, Dimmed Vision,,etc)
Today, at 67years, I am almost as Strong, Virile -- Healthy -- as I was 40 years ago. No more "old age" drugs, no more glasses, even, no more Hair dyes! Unbelievable? Yes, and No!
So, what did I do? Nay, what do I eat, drink, and avoid everyday, even today?
In summary, I eat what my mother ate at the time I was born, and I also avoid all she must have avoided(may be because the "enemy" had not introduced them then!).
And why not? There was no Stroke, no Diabetes, no Hypertension, no Fibroids, no "Staph Infection", etc those days. In fact, up until just about two decades ago nobody in Iherka died of stroke!! How I knew? Well, I have been in continuous medical practice since my graduation in June 1979 -- 39 years ago!!.
What I eat: OTIPI, ORKPA, ARHEBOR, UTARA ORKPA, NJAARA, JI, ABALLA, URNA, NKASHI, ORKPAKARA, ERKDD OJI, ERKDD ORBARA, NGBNGB, ORRARR JI, ERCHICHA, MANU IGBO, URKPOR, MPOTO, OKPAIYAY, AKPAKA, ORGB, ORHI ANN, OLBB, etc.
What I avoid:
* All Drinks!! (I have not taken any thing that issues from a bottle for more than three years now, even during the marriage and weddings of my children, and naming ceremonies of my numerous grandchildren!)
* All processed Carbohydrates(Rice, Bread, Indom., Semo, galla, Biscuits), Akamu,
* Whole wheat, Acha, Sweet fruits, especially those ripened with Carbide(see " sikamoretree poisonous fruits", "sikamoretree carbide in fruits')
" All Vegetable oils,Tea, Coffee, Cocoa drinks, etc
Others: Maggi, Toothpaste, etc.
And I am not missing any of them at all. Allah!
Last Line: Hear this:
‘’Doctors don’t look after your health; they only look after your diseases. When the best doctor says you are healthy, he is only implying that things have not gone so bad that he can detect actual disease symptoms.... Most people in this state are still far from being well, and their health can still be improved upon dramatically. Your health is in your own hand, and you are the only one responsible for it". Dr Perry Iloegbunam.
About the Author. Dr(Pharm) IGNATIUS OZOEMENA ONAH(67), ND, B Pharm; is a Pharmacist , Nutritionist, and Naturopathic Doctor. A 1979 pharmacy graduate of the University of Nsukka, Dr Onah is also an alumnus of both Medicina Alternativa, Colombo, Sri Lanka, and the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, Ontario, Canada.
Pastor Onah was ordained a minister with Living Faith Church Worldwide in January, 2004.